Saturday, June 9, 2012

Yes, we are still in Florida!

in the Rocket Garden

view of earth from shuttle
Last I wrote, we were on our way out of Florida when we stopped in Titusville, Saw the space Center, then went on the Segway tour where I fell and cracked my tibia bone.  So, we decided to stay with the same doctor to pursue the healing process. He says it is looking good, and I go back on June 19th.  We purchased a small portable wheel chair and pair of crutches, and huge thanks to Mike L in Tillamook, we were able to get an Oregon Handicap sign so can park closer to things.  Florida wouldn't issue me one unless I gave up my Oregon drivers' license and got licensed in Florida!!!  Went back to Kennedy Space Center and saw both IMAX shows in 3D.  One was on the Hubble Telescope, and the other showing actual videos of the astronauts in space in the space shuttle.  They were incredibly done, and well worth every minute.

View of the shuttle
Sylvia in wheelchair with crutches
model of rocket launch
Control room before countdown to shuttle launch
 This past week, we moved back to Kissimmee, where we had stayed in January.  Ponderosa RV Park is quiet, nice pool, and close to just about everything. 
kitties are doing fine.
The wheelchair /crutches experience sure gives me appreciation for what is entailed to live as a physically handicapped person.  I am VERY grateful this is temporary,and that I have one good leg and 2 good arms. 

I have been having trouble trying to post a blog until our son, Brent, today helped me to get past the problem I was having.  Still having trouble getting photos where I want them, but at least they are here.
Not much exciting to write about, just wanted to let you know we are still alive!  Love and best wishes to all. 
Al & Sylvia
PS  I THINK the new changes to blogger have made it more possible for you to post your comments, so give it a try.  We love to hear from you all.

2 comments:

  1. Those Segways are not as safe as advertised. Glad you are healing. Talked to Mike at the
    Bay City meeting which is doing fine by the way and so is Mike:-). The Oregon Coast community misses you people. Thanks for the BLOG and all your posts.
    Friend Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your healing well. I also have a huge Gratitude today for health, as I see many around me having challenges. I'm happy that I can be there to assist when needed.
    The weather here has been so off and on. More off than on...LOL. I went to Bend for a week, and it was not much better, although I did have real sun the last two days of the stay.
    I'm opening the Sunday meeting tonight as Val is out of town...with her new love! A very nice man I think,,,although I don't know him well.
    Lori is coming today to stay the night. I'm sure your in touch. She seems well,and I try to talk with her weekly and on FB.
    Women's Tuesday AA is reading Came to Believe, and when done we will read...AA Comes of Age. I'm excited to read that as I have not done so for some years.
    The hot line works well. I had to give Jim an email report this month as I could not attend the meeting yesterday.
    The news of Nell is a sad blessing, although her struggle is over. We will all miss her.
    Just like we miss you two xoxox
    lovlee

    ReplyDelete